I may or may not have a problem buying floral print dresses.
But I have good reasons.
1. Floral prints are extremely versatile. Buy a dress with a pretty flower print, and you can probably wear it to the office, on date night or even to more formal events like a bridal shower. It’s a limitless print that never goes out of style.
2. I like bright colors, and the Mother Nature-inspired motif of a garden variety captures what summer style is all about.
3. As I mentioned, a floral print really never loses its appeal. You know regardless of what trends may come and go each year, flowers tend to be a give in. For me, I like mixing up the type of flower print dresses I wear. And not all prints are the same. Some look very vintage (muted colors with maybe a lace-accent somewhere), some have an artistic interpretation (think watercolor and abstract prints), and some spotlight flora true to form (roses are everywhere, but if you can find a unique flower print, then snag it).
4. Why not? I’m a girl. I like girly stuff… flowers being one of those things. No shame in my game.
5. No matter what your style aesthetic is – gypsy, prep, classic, modernist, 90s grunge, 70s flower child, vintage queen – a flower print should be a part of your wardrobe. It’s all about stop and smelling the roses so to speak to enjoy their beauty.